Sekeyere Rural Bank was set up and commissioned in 1983 at Jamasi in the Ashanti Region of Ghana. The role of the Bank is to play an intermediary role between surplus fund holders and those in need of funds for their economic activities in the communities in which the Bank operates.
Sekyere Rural Bank Limited is dedicated primarily to the mobilization of resources from its operational area for on lending to individual savers, groups, small and medium scale enterprises.
The bank is registered under Ghana’s Companies Code 1963 (Act 179) and licensed under the Banking Law, 2004 (Act 73) to operate the business of banking.
The nature of the businesses that the Bank is authorized to carry on are:
- The provision of Current and Deposit Accounts for customers
- To provision of Savings and Fixed Deposit for customers
- To act as Agent of other financial institutions in the country
- To accept and Discount Bills of Exchange
- To act as Executors or Trustees of Wills for people in the community
- To provide finance for farmers, small and medium scale enterprises.
To continue to grow into a recognized financial institution locally and abroad, and always offer value-added service to clients.
To be a unique financial service provider in the rural and peri-urban area in Ghana, propelled by a motivated workforce, customized products and superior Customer Service than our competitors, sustain the payment of returns to our shareholders and seen as a vehicle for rural development.
* Sekyere Rural Bank operates in accordance with the highest standards in all relationships with Customers, Suppliers, the Environment and the Community.
* Sekyere Rural Bank fosters a climate which encourages innovation and diligence amongst staff and rewards accordingly.
* Sekyere Rural Bank partners individuals, groups, government, and non governmental orgsnizations for rural and community development.
The Association of Rural / Community Banks.
The ARB Apex Bank.
Ghana Club 100
The African Rural and Agricultural Credit Association (AFRACA)